Missing our baby boy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A poem

This poem was something that I connected with from day one. Re-reading it again, it still speaks to me. This is a sister post to my last one, since I think this poem says it better than I ever could.


As I look up to the skies above,
The stars stretch endlessly--
But somehow all those rays of light
Seem dimmer now to me.
As I watch the morning sun appear,
The shadows still don't fade—
As if the brightest light of all
Was somehow swept away.

Though I see the branches swaying,
And watch their dancing leaves--
The echoes carried on the wind
Don't sound the same to me.
As I listen to the morning birds
Sing softly from afar--
It seems to be a mournful tune
That echoes in my heart.

Another day has come again,
As time moves surely on--
But nothing now seems quite the same,
To know that he is gone.
The days and weeks and months ahead
Will never be the same--
Because a treasure beyond words
Can never be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment